Packing for India need not be overwhelming. With a little planning and foresight, you can be well-prepared for an amazing trip.
A backpack. Even if you are cruising in luxury all through the trip, having a bag to safely store your valuables such passports, cameras, smartphones, and carry them with you everywhere, including when dining out is not only prudent, but absolutely necessary.
- Comfortable breathable sturdy shoes. Closed toe, minimal heels.
- Flip-flops. Carry a light pair… these will be very valuable when going on temple trips, the beach or even the restroom.
- Sunhat that covers your neck, sunglasses, sunscreen
- A fanny-pack carrying small bottles of hand sanitizing gel, wet wipes and toilet paper.
- Deet mosquito repellent
- A bedsheet, and a shawl
- General medications like Advil, NyQuil gel caps, Claritin.
- A long thin scarf. Keep handy in purse / backpack.
- Suitcase locks and cable. You will need to be able to use the cable to lock your bag to your train or bus seat.
- Heat-resistant probiotics
- Electrical adapter.
- Money belt.
- Cotton everything, including inner garments.
- Modest clothing.
Don’t worry about leaving space for souvenirs and gifts you purchase for your return flight. I find it best to give away all non-essential replaceable items like shampoos, lotions, t-shirts, flip-flops, baseball caps etc. You can ask the doorman of the hotel or the reception staff if they have a “Donation item box” in the hotel.
In addition to the above items in your luggage, be sure to also bring: plenty of patience, an open heart, a healthy sense of humor and an adventurous spirit!
(c) This website is owned and operated by bookindiaretreats.com, a booking website where you can search through programs and tour packages, and submit reservation requests. All articles on this website are for informational purposes only. We do not guarantee that this information is accurate, complete or relevant.